Thursday 13 August 2015

Royden's Matariki Myth

The Star Legend by Royden
(Dictated by Royden and typed by Mrs Crawford)

Every night we can see the stars twinkling in the sky, but there is one star that doesn’t have a name.
A comet crashed and dropped a star. “But the star  needs to be in the sky.” I told the comet. “I’m sorry.” said the comet. “I do not know how to bring the stars to the sky. I only know how to drop them to the ground. Silly me!” said the comet.  The comet sneezed and blew a star in the sky from the ground and that is how the star got to the sky.
So I have decided to name it one of my friends names. I could call it Emma O, I could call it Yana Lata or if I wanted to name it, I could name the star my mums name, Lynne.  
(Royden typed)
The 1 star was sad because he wanted his parents to find him. His Mum and Dad got up up up and up into the night sky by a biger comet who made a huge AOOOOOCHO.
Mummy star said to the comet ‘I want to have all the family together, BECAUSE IT MAKES ME ANGRY when I’m not with the rest of the family, now SNEEZE THEM UP”
So the comet made the biggest sneeze he ever made.  It went “a, a, a, a, a, a, a CHOOOOOOOO!”
He sneezed 1 brother star and 3 sisters up up up into the sky.

Then they all were up up up up up up up up in the sky.
They were happy happy happy because they were in the sky and they all were together.
THE STAR LEGEND
by Royden Giles and I hope you enjoyed reading The Star Legend Story.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Royden,
    this is a very good story!
    I loved the way the comet sneezes up the star mum and dad,
    and then helps the rest of the family.
    Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.