Monday 7 November 2016

The Spooky Forest

I wrote a narrative writing.
I learned how not to tell the reader exactly what happened but describe about the spooky forest.   How it felt, what I saw, what I was thinking, what I heard.



I am walking through the dark spooky forest. The trees are dark green and very scary.  It’s night time and I hear something.   I hear an owl tahooting. The branches of the trees are scraping scratching.  The wind is shooshing around the treetops.  Suddenly I hear footsteps  and the footsteps are coming my way.

I gasp.  I feel like I want to hide.  My heart is pumping very fast. I feel frightened of something.  I see a tree that’s not shaking and I decide to climb it as fast as a cheetah.  I hold on to the tree very tightly.  Im at the top and I’m spying to see what’s down there.

I feel terrified.  Then I see a Baxon and I hide amongst all the leaves.  I hope that he doesn’t see me.  But I can see him.  I see a whole lot of blue eyes. He has 8, and a long yellow tail that dragged behind him. I am now stuck in the tree as quiet as a mouse.  

I could climb down but he will see me and cook me, I could move a little bit, but he would see me, I could make a noise but then he would hear me.  The safe thing to do is ring somebody for help. I quietly get my phone out.  I push the phone buttons 9 1 7 6. I hear the Baxon catcher on the phone.  I whisper “Please get rid of the Baxon, I am in the dark forest, in a tree please help me.”
“Ill bring a sharp red cage to trap this scary Baxon” said the Baxon catcher.

I wait in this tree until the Baxon catcher arrives.  The Baxon is looking around for a toy to play with.  
The Baxon catcher arrives in a green truck.  I see a sharp red cage.  The Baxon comes towards the green truck he sees the Baxon catcher and the Baxon thinks that the red sharp cage is his toy.  He tries to play with it but CRACK the red sharp cage falls on top of him and traps him inside.
The Baxon catcher sneaks up and carries it to his green truck.

I am safe.  I climb down at last.  I feel happy.  I find my way out of the forest by a sign.  I’m happy to be safe from the Baxon.Maybe next time I won’t walk into a dark spooky forest, lucky to have my phone in my pocket.  

1 comment:

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.