Monday 12 June 2017

Hanmer Springs Camp

Class camp.

Last week we went on camp to Hanmer Springs.  We stopped at Reefton on the way there for lunch.  We checked the cabins at Hanmer Springs then we did orienteering.
We all had maps to show the way through the bush and we had to find white pipes with numbers and letters that looked like birds.  After we collect them we get points.  I got 200 points.

At night we went to the hot pools in town. It was freezing cold at night.  Mr B helped carry the floatie up the the stairs to the hydroslide.  There were 67 stairs.  In the hydroslide it was more like a dark cave.  I loved it. I wanted to go again because it was so exciting.  The first half was dark and the second half was all bright and we were sucked in backwards back to the start.  My feet were stuck in the side of the wall, Belinda laughed at the sight and i didnt find it funny. L
There was a moving water pool called the lazy pool. To get there the very cold bricks were very hard to cross. The water was dragging me around.
 They have a kids pool.  In the kids pool there was a funny wet water bucket. We counted down from 5 to 1 and the water bucket tipped over and got my head all wet, it felt like a shower. I went into the water cave, I imagined that it was a castle, and I was a scary wizard of rain.
At camp I stayed in a room with mum and Belinda was in L6.  One night for tea we had sausages and rice.  The saisages were my favourite part of the meal but I tried the rice anyway.
I went to a fun park to try my new scooter out.  We found some exciting exercise rides to try out, one looks like a see saw.  That was my favourite exercise ride.  My favourite parts were 1 my i pad  2 the hydroslide, 3 sleeping in mums room together in the same room.
I would like to go to the hot pools again and again and again.  I liked Hanmer Springs, you should try it one day for camp.  You can see the sights if you wish, even the fun hydroslide ride and the lazy pool.  Have fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Royden
    I haven't been to Hanmer Springs for a long time but after reading your blog about your school camp I have decided I must visit there very soon.I liked reading all the detail about your camp especially the different things you could enjoy at the pools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead Mrs Hooker, take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Royden,
    My name is Caitlyn. I am a year 7 student from Karoro school.
    I really like your writing about your Hamner Springs trip. I have been to Hanmer Springs before. My favourite part in Hamner Springs is the superbowl at the pools.

    Next time I think that you could make the words a bit bigger. The words are too small. I also think that next time you could put more commas and full stops, because there are some really long sentences. Also next time you need to go back and check through to make sure it makes sense.

    Once again I really like your writing about Hanmer springs. In your writing you had some really good describing words. You also had some good similes and you described your trip really well. It made me want to go to Hanmer Springs again. How often do you go to Hanmer Springs? I used to go every year with my family.

    From Caitlyn
    If you have any spare time can you please visit my blog
    http://karorocaitlynh.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.